Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477S switch not connecting to Insteon

Hello,

I had an Insteon Hub2 which controlled two 2477S switches and a plug in wall module. Setup worked with no issues for a couple of years until the hub died suddenly a couple weeks ago. I contacted Insteon and they replaced the hub with no issues, since I chose the replace instead of repair route, I had to delete my account and all settings. I got the new one yesterday, set up my new account, got the hub set up, and one of the switches and the plug in module worked with no issues. I can’t seem to get this other switch to be fully configured. If I put the switch in linking mode and try to have the hub find it, it fails to do so. If I try to add it by putting in the device ID, the hub finds it, starts the configuration process, and shortly thereafter, the app says that is having trouble linking, and to hold the set button until the LED is blinking steady, but the LED started blinking steady after the hub finds it. I’ve tried factory resetting both the switch and the hub, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any thoughts on what else I might try?

I guess the switch just needed Thanksgiving dinner. I tried it this morning just because I was walking by it and it linked fine. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

Working...
    X