Trouble linking a 2477S On/Off Switch with a 2457D2 Dimmer Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble linking a 2477S On/Off Switch with a 2457D2 Dimmer Module

I am hoping someone can help me with the issue that I am having. I linked a newly installed 2477S On/Off Switch with a 2457D2 Dimmer Module and it is not working exactly as I was hoping. Basically I have a Lamp on the Dimmer Module and another lamp plugged into an outlet controlled by the Switch. I am wanting the switch to turn on and off both lamps. Currently the switch turns on just the outlet lamp and not the Module lamp, however if both are on that switch will turn both off. I have them linked both ways so if you turn the module lamp on at the module, it turns on and off both lamps. I am not interested in dimming, just on and off control.

Everything seems to be set up properly as every other function I try works properly, just not the one I wanted to most, control from the switch for both lamps.

Sounds like you linked the module while it was off so that is the state it stays in when you turn the switch on. If you turn the module on and then re-link it to your switch, it'll turn on off the way you want

Comment

The re-linking with both in the on state corrected the issue, thank you for the help!

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
        X