Insteon Dimmer LED is off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Dimmer LED is off

Hi, I've got an insteon in-wall dimmer switch that has the multiple-led indicator bar on the left hand side to show brightness.

A day or so ago, it seemed the dimmer spontaneously made a beeping noise. Since that time, the dimmer has worked fine either using it directly with the paddle or via Mobilinc, but the bottom-most LED no longer lights up when the load is off. All the other LEDs work as normal. As a recall, the bottom LED lights up red and green when I cycle through some of the programming function but it no longer lights up white. I can successfully turn all the LED lights off, but I can't seem to reactivate just that one.

This I know is a trivial problem, and may be a sign of a larger OCD issue but was wondering if anyone has any advice on what might have happened here.

Thanks!

Have you tried a power cycle on the switch.
    Pulling the Set Button out. Wait at least ten seconds. Then pushing it back to its normal position. If you push it all the way in past the normal position. A factory reset could happen.
    Cycling off then on after ten seconds the circuit breaker for the switch circuit. That should also do a power cycle reset on the switch.

If it is still out. You could have a hardware failure in the electronics that control the bottom LED.
    You may want to call the Customer Service department and see what they say.
    If less than two years old it should be in warranty.

Comment

Working...
    X