X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeypadLinc Dimmer #2486D V.1.3 Cant find ID numbers cant reset

Just installed this 6 button KeypadLinc Dimmer #2486D V 1.3
    Seems to turn on and off the fan,
    lights on the fan don't come on via pressing the large top button or the bottom.

Can't get the software to find the device because there is only one long number 2486DWH6 which does not appear to be the ID theny a 0852 below it

I pull out the reset TAB wait 20 seconds push it back in and then wait, no beep?

There is a Fanlinc in the fan which is also not resetting nor can I find it even using the ID numbers

Any suggestions or help appreciated

V1.3 is an older revision that does not have a beeper.
    Older manual:
    5. Gently pull the SET Button at the bottom of the switch out as far as it will go (about 1/8”). This “Air Gap” removes all power to KeypadLinc Dimmer.
    6. After 10 seconds, push the SET Button all the way down and hold for 3 seconds, then let up.
    7. A few seconds after you let up on the SET button, KeypadLinc Dimmer will turn the light it is wired to fully ON, indicating that the factory reset is complete. KeypadLinc Dimmer is now reset to all the default settings and ready for fresh programming and use.

Can your software look at the links in a module? Kind of a round about way. Have the software read a test module links. Then you added the problem module to it. Read the links again and the added link is the one you need.

Comment

I have found on my old revision Insteon Modules. The glue holding the labels on. Dried out and they fell off. I glued some back on if I was lucky enough to find them.
      You are correct. There should be a label on it with the six digit Insteon ID.
      Is the Keypadlinc. Connected directly to the fans Light wire or through the FanLinc?
      If I read your Date Code Label correctly . It was made in 2008 week 52.
      V1.3 2486D maybe the original version. My earliest user guide didn't say a revision. My next oldest was 1.5+. Last one I have is 5.0+

Comment

What software and Insteon interface are you using?
        Some allow you to do a Start Linking and then using the set button on the module. To allow you to link it into the software.
        If you are doing a Manual Linking. Remember that if the module being linked to. Is Off. It is possible it can be in a scene where turning a Scene On has modules in it that go Off.

Comment

can anyone tell me if this is an old switch? P2477D 22.D6.DO. Rev. 7.1 1013

Comment

Rev 7+ is the latest manual on the Smarthome sales pages but the page does not give presently sold revision number.
            They have changed the date code format from the real early ones. 1013 maybe week 10 of 2013 but not 100% on that one.

Comment

Working...
            X