Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Pull Out Set Switch for Factory Reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Pull Out Set Switch for Factory Reset?

We have 4 older model 2477 D dimmer switches. We bought a new mini-remote and want to factory reset the switches before attempting to link them to the mini-remote. Most of the instructions for performing a Factory Reset call for "pulling out" the set button of the switches. Pardon a dumb question, but how the heck do you do that? The set button is small and short of using a needle-nose pliers and pull hard, I don't see how this is accomplished? I've also read that holding down the top of the rocker switch for 10+ seconds will result in a Factory Reset. Can any of you smart folks shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

The Set Button is not too easy to pull out on some modules.
    Sometimes a small screwdriver on the under side of the button and popping it out. As the ones I have seen have a small lip or groove on the lower edge. Tweezers or needle nosed pliers should also work. If worse comes to worse. Taking the Paddle Assembly off will get you an easy to grip stem.

The holding the top paddle was part of the old 2476S Factory Reset procedure. As the original hardware didn't have an Air Gap Switch as part of the Set Button and needed a different procedure to Factory Reset.

Comment

There is another way. When you pull out the Set Button. It has an Air Gap Switch on it that disconnects the power to the switch.

If you kill the power to the switch for 10 seconds to simulate pulling the Set Switch out. Then while pushing the Set Button in. Turn the power to the switch back on. Keep holding the Set Button for the required time and then release it.

Does your version have a beeper? In that case it will start beeping and you hold it until the beeping stops. Then release the Set Button a short time later it will double beep indicating the Factory Reset was done.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't want to force anything for fear of breaking a switch. Let me give these pointers a try and I'll let you know what happens.

Comment

Thanks. A small screwdriver below the "lip" of the Set Button did the trick.

Comment

You are welcome.
            Good to see you are able to use the Air Gap switch part of the Set Button.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGraves View Post
              We have 4 older model 2477 D dimmer switches. We bought a new mini-remote and want to factory reset the switches before attempting to link them to the mini-remote. Most of the instructions for performing a Factory Reset call for "pulling out" the set button of the switches. Pardon a dumb question, but how the heck do you do that? The set button is small and short of using a needle-nose pliers and pull hard, I don't see how this is accomplished? I've also read that holding down the top of the rocker switch for 10+ seconds will result in a Factory Reset. Can any of you smart folks shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.mapquest directions
              Thanks, BLH. I did it this way.

Comment

Working...
              X