2477D and Lamps Flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477D and Lamps Flickering

I have a 2477D Dimmer in my kitchen. This unit controls ten (10) can lights (all LED R20 type Dimmable) in the kitchen ceiling. It has been working fine for many years. Yesterday, one of the lights started flickering (I thought it was just one) but then several more started flickering. Then the 2477D started acting erratically. Now, sometimes when I press it, the small LEDs on the unit light from bottom to top, as they normally do at the lights brighten. But all the LEDs are flickering like a deranged disco! And if I turn the 2477D OFF, the bottom LED is flickering and the unit no longer works. If I wait a few minutes, it might work again but the can lights always flicker.

So, I am guessing:
    • One (or more) of the R20 LED lamps are going bad
    • The 2477D is going bad.
    And to make things worse, I had my 2245-222 hub fail earlier this week (coincidence, I am sure) so I cannot test via software signal right now.

So, basic question are:
    • Does anyone have experience with sudden onset of flickering LED lamps on a previously good running system?
    • Should I replace the 2477D with a spare 2477D "earmarked" for another project that I can use to replace this 2477D? (but don't want to go through the hassle of that unless I have to...)
    • Should I replace some or all of the R20 LED lamps in the fixtures?
    --Dave

You may want to try an AC power cycle to see if anything changes. You can pull the Air Gap Switch out fully. That kills the AC power. Then push it back in to its normal position. Going past the normal position. May do a Factory reset.

It does sound like the power supply in the 2477D maybe stating to fail. Since the LED level indicators are starting to flicker. Can you take out all the LED bulbs from the fixtures and then see if the level LEDs still flicker or don't smoothly go up and down with the local paddle actions?

Comment

Well, I took the easy route and changed three (3) of the lamps this weekend. That seems to have done the trick on the flickering issue. But, the switch still seemed a little "off" so I pulled the set button and apparently factory defaulted the switch. It now works but beeps every time I push it. I also still get flickering in the LED indicator stack but the switch seems to operate just fine. It reset to a 5 sec. brightening and will go to full brightness on a double-tap.

My replacement Hub should arrive this week so I will take care of setting up this switch back to the way it was before all this started.

Thanks for the help!
      Last edited by zimbrich; 04-20-2020, 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
      X