Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two 2477D v4.1 switches tap on to turn on and off !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two 2477D v4.1 switches tap on to turn on and off !?

I currently have a setup with a UD ISY and dozens of Insteon switches/sensors/etc. For many years everything was working perfectly. All the behaviors and scripting was working smoothly and extremely reliably. I had to power down and move my ISY and PLM for a few days while I had some new flooring installed. When I went to connect everything back up, I was getting all sorts of problems. My ISY could no longer communicate to several devices - I assumed it was the 3 year old PLM and swapped it out for a new one. After a nightmare of trying to get things going again, I ended up factory resetting many devices, deleting them and re-adding them to the ISY. Things are still not quite right.

This brings me to my question. I have two 2477D switches that have been factory reset. On one, I cannot make it stop beeping on paddle press. More strangely, on both, they now behave like old X-10 switches where I tap up to turn on, then need to tap up again to turn off! I know the paddle down switch works because the switch will beep when I tap down. I've factory reset them several times and tried to Restore Device from ISY. All other behaviors seem to be ok,but this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by Bill_B; 01-23-2020, 09:41 AM.

Paddle? The full manual says pull the Set/Air Gap switch out. For at least 5 seconds. Then push it all the way in. It will start beeping. Keep holdine it in until the beep stops. Release the Set/Air Gap switch. It should beep twice after a few seconds and the Load should turn On.

You did power down the ISY994i controller and old PLM. Connect the new PLM and let it initialize. Then power up the ISY994i so it can find the new PLM. Then do a Restore Modem (PLM) for the ISY994i to put the new PLM's six digit ID in to all the modules. Replacing the old replaced PLM's ID.

You did not do a Remove Modem (PLM) did you? That removes all the PLM links from all the modules.

Comment

Sorry, I used paddle to describe the decora rocker.

For the repeated switch resets, I did follow the process your referenced described in the manual. Upon reset, the weird behavior resumes. This is from a batch of 2477D I bought back in 5/2013.

To be honest in my haste to get things together, I can't recall how I set things up, and that may have contributed to the problem, but I still believe I had a dud PLM. Most all the devices are functioning properly now, and the ISY is able to communicate with them. (I never did a Remove Modem)

I also have a third switch from this batch that continues the beep on press even after a factory reset. It has been like that for a long time, but otherwise functions fine so I learned to live with it. But this tap on to turn off issue with the other two is very strange.

Comment

Ok, nevermind. It seems the real problem is that I am going insane. After trying what I thought was the same thing I had done previously a few times, they all seem to have reset properly. I noticed that when I did a Restore Device, that was the cause of the corruption. Instead, I deleted and re-added to ISY (which I had also done before) and they all work fine now...

Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Working...
        X