3 way switch diagram (Insteon 2477d)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 way switch diagram (Insteon 2477d)

New to Insteon... And I'm trying to get help with 3 way switch install with a pair of Insteon 2477d on some brand new can lights in a basement that I'm finishing. See the attached picture.

image_2676.jpg

Power from the panel breaker comes into Box A.

I ran a dedicated 14-3 homerun Romex from Box A to Box B. But the can lights (that I'm trying to dim/control) also come back to Box A via 14-2 Romex. They are all wired in series.

I'm confused when I read the Owners Manual on the 3 and 4 way switch diagrams regarding where the power is coming from (top or bottom). And where the lights fall into the wiring diagram.

I'm using Halo brand Can Lights, made by Eaton (purchased at Home Depot). HALO LED # LT56 Retrofit LED. It appears that these Insteon 2477d switches are compatible with this can light/LED housing.

Thanks. So in Box A... the SwitchLine A Line is the black lead from the Insteon 2477d switch, correct?
    Last edited by sonnylax; 09-18-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you. I'll give it a try!

Also have another related wiring question that I will ask in a different thread.

Comment

How do I manually crosslink Switchlinc A and Switchlinc B? I don't see any options in the Insteon app (Device Properties or Local Properties)?

I have a Insteon Hub, but don't see a way to set these two Switchlinc devices as both controller and responder either.

Thanks

Comment

So I've got this working as a (virtual) 3 way switch..... The on/off works in 2 locations to control the group of can lights. But how do I get the switches to work as dimmable? The switches just function as one or off.

Comment

Working...
          X