Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which 3 way & 4-way dimmable switches do I need for my basement finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which 3 way & 4-way dimmable switches do I need for my basement finish?

New to Insteon products and I'm trying to figure out what 3-way & 4-way dimmable switches are compatible with my new basement can lights. Two basement areas are sharing one 14-2 circuit / breaker from the panel for overhead lights: Family Room & Play Room.

The Family Room has 3 different gang boxes (A, B, C) that I wish to install dimmable 4-way switches.

The same circuit that moves on to feed the Play Room. The Play Room has 2 different gang boxes (D, E) that I wish to install dimmable 3-way switches.

I'm using Halo LED retrofits in 5/6" Recessed Can Lights (made by Eaton, sold by Home Depot). HALO LED LT56 Retrofit LED.

The attached diagram shows how it is wired. Which dimmable 3 & 4 way Insteon switches do I need and are they compatible with the HALO LED retrofits?

Also are the dimmable Insteon 3 way & 4 way switches compatible with the Decora Switch cover plates?

Thanks for your help!
    Family_PlayRoom_electrical.png

Thanks. Does SwitchLinc model 2477D work as a 3 way or 4 way (virtual) switch by themselves? Or do you also need a Insteon hub? What are the advantages of also getting a hub? We are already deeply tied into the Google Nest Thermostats, Smoke Detectors, & Camera - if it makes a difference.

I'll be needing around 6 or 7 of these 2477D for 3 different lighting areas in my basement. how exactly do the devices know to only talk with the paired device(s) in their area (zone)?

Comment

Working...
    X