Scenes are messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes are messed up

I had everything working great. Then I added 2 switchlincs. I linked them together and they worked fine and controlled a light. Then I made a scene to control both switches so that I could have an icon that I could use to turn the light on and off and have the dim level status lights look the same on both when operating the light.

At some point, when I activated the scene, the great room light switches responded in addition to the light. I never added that to the scene. Then I tried removing the switches from the scene and deleting the scene using the Android app. Seemed like it was ok, but the desktop app still shows the scene and it still is "linked" somehow to the great room.

I tried unlinking both of the new switches from both of the great room switches. I tried factory resetting the new switches.

Everything continues in the same state. The great room is operated by the scene. The new switches still operate their light and don't operate the great room. Only the scene seems messed up.

And I can't remove the scene that shows in the desktop app from the desktop app.

(not sure I factory reset the switches correctly and will have to look for that. I pulled them open to the air gap, waiting maybe 10 or 15 minutes and then held them set button in until it beeped a long beep until I let go. after pushing the set button back in, the linkage between the 2 switches still worked and the "connection" to the great is still happening in the scene that I can't get rid of)

… time passes ...

I'm pretty sure the factory reset was accomplished, but I created a new scene, just added my two buttons in there, and the new scene STILL operates the great room lights in addition to the light that it should operate.

What the heck is going on?
    Last edited by mtiede; 07-21-2019, 08:50 AM.

I tried to add the device with a different name to the android phone app. Then I created a new scene and ONLY added the newly named device to the scene. The scene STILL turns on the great room lights.

Comment

I'm going to guess these are instructions for an iPhone? I don't see any "Settings" with Scenes underneath it. I don't think I've seen any "Group Number".

I'm using the Insteon hub...

... time passes ...

Oh, I scrolled over in the Windows Desktop app and I see "Settings", but no "Scenes" under it.

AND, I see the "Settings" on the android phone, and there ARE "Scenes" there. I'll look into that.

… time passes ...

Nope, group numbers are different. I also checked the Insteon IDs cause I thought MAYBE there was a shared one, but there isn't.

… time passes ...

Ok, got it. Your trick to rename it "zzzz" and then create a new one seemed to do the trick so far. I'll watch it and make sure nothing else is broken.
      Last edited by mtiede; 07-21-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X