3 way 2447-d not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 way 2447-d not working.

I am trying to wire a 3 way switch. One box has two black wires and one red. The red and one black are both live, the other black is not. In the second box I have two blacks and one red and only one black is live. This switch also shares the box with another switch that is on a separate 3 way switch if this matters. When I wire according to the diagram, the first box with the live red wire is connected to the load wire on the switch, the live black is connected to the line wire and the other black is connected to the neutral. The second switch has the live black connected to the line wire, the other black connected to neutral, and the reds are not connected, just individually capped off. When I turn the power back on, the first switch that has the reds connected has the LED light on. The other switch has no LED light lit up and the hallway lights don’t turn on. What could I possibly have wired wrong?

You may find this video helpful.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqXn_1QumM

on a three way each switch has three screws two brass and one bronze. The bronze is either the hot coming in or the load going out. The location with the incoming hot you wire the switch up but cap the load wire. Watch the video

Comment

Working...
    X