No announcement yet.

Red switch LED blinking a dozen times after sending a command - "Error Blink?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red switch LED blinking a dozen times after sending a command - "Error Blink?"

My Hub recently died, so it's been pulled out of the system and sent to Insteon for repair. In general, all links and scenes appear to work as they should without the Hub being connected, (other than scheduled scenes/devices).

I've got a several Insteon 2477D units set up as three-way switches (+ tied into some additional scenes).

I noticed that on a couple of these three-way configurations, that about a second after using either switch to issue an on or off command, the lowest LED in the dimmer array will blink red for about a dozen quick blinks (~1 second) and then stop.

Is this the "Error Blink" as described in the 2477D manual?:
    "The Wall Switch LED will blink red once if one or more responders do not acknowledge a message and will blink green once if all responders successfully acknowledge a message. By default, this feature is enabled."

The language describing the behavior is unclear, as I would expect a single blink. Also, other linked switches/scenes do not blink "green" at all.

Unfortunately, as my Hub is currently down, I can't check the software settings as to whether the error blink configuration is on.

It seems to be coincidental to the Hub being removed from the system, but I am not 100% sure if this is the case. I would also say that it seems my LED lightbulbs around the house are flickering more often when these switches issue their blinking behavior, which leads me to think that it's something Insteon traffic related.

Any input on this behavior?

When my Hub gets repaired, I will do a bit more investigation into the settings, and see if the blinking behavior continues or not with the Hub back on the network. Worst case scenario is that I would remove the (4) offending devices from the system, do a factory reset and recreate these scenes.

Since your hub is not installed, your switches are giving you an error message since they are not getting a response back from it. Once you receive the hub back, the blinking should stop

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      Since your hub is not installed, your switches are giving you an error message since they are not getting a response back from it. Once you receive the hub back, the blinking should stop
      That sort of makes sense, except that I have nearly 40 Insteon devices in various configurations. Only (2) pairs of three way switches are blinking this message. I've got several other three and four way switch scenes that don't report the error with the Hub out.

Thanks for the input, I'll hopefully be able to check settings later this week when my hub comes back.

Comment

Working...
      X