Trouble with 4-way 2477D Dimmer Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with 4-way 2477D Dimmer Switches

Hoping someone can help me with this. I have recently installed 3 2477D dimmer switches (all linked to each other both ways) to control an entryway chandelier. All three switches seem to be wired up properly and for the most part operate exactly as they should, in sync. So, here is the issue. Two of the three switches operate flawlessly turning the light on and off while having the other switches match the status. The third switch will turn the light off and the other switches will match the status, however when you turn it on, the LEDs show it turning on, however the light stays off and the other switches remain off. On other odd thing is that if the light is on and you hit the up toggle on the third switch as if turning the light on, it turns the light off.

I am thinking it might be a faulty switch, but any recommendations?

Did you manually link your switches (sounds that way)? From your description it sounds like the other switches were off while you were linking which linked them to your 3rd switch.

This means when you turn the lights on, that switch turns on but the others stay off. This is why it turns all lights off and the others turn off when that one turns on.

Simply re-link your switches ensuring that all of them are "on" during the process

Comment

Again, the re-linking with all three in the on position corrected the issue, thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X