2477D - Insteon Traffic causing Flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477D - Insteon Traffic causing Flickering

So my new house is almost done and I just completed installing 46 wall switches of which 35 are 2477D and 11 are 2477S. When I use the app to check the status of the devices everyone of the lights on 2477D switches flicker just a little. If create a scene the 2477D lights will flicker.

I don't like it, what can be done?

What is/are the load(s), LED, CFL, incandescent, something else?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

All loads are a variety of LED. Are are dimmable. Everything is ok other than when there is Insteon traffic from the hub.

Comment

It's unusual for all to flicker, usually it's just one circuit. However, one errant LED can cause that. That doesn't mean the the bulb is defective, just that it's older or not fully compatible with Insteon dimmers. Virtually every dimmable LED is not compatible one brand of dimmer or another.

Back to you difficulty. Troubleshooting is always tedious and often difficult. In your case, it's only tedious. Unscrew about half the bulbs. Cause Insteon traffic and/or create a scene. Not that kind, an Insteon scene

If the flicker persists, then unscrew half of the remaining bulbs and test again. Continue until the errant bulb is found.

If there's no flicker, unscrew the other half and screw back in and follow the same procedure.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I've had the exact same issue only on one circuit which has two dimmers on it. Swapped dimmers, breakers, hubs, isy controller on/off random nanosecond dip in lighting only on this circuit. After a breaker reset does it go away for a couple days? Mine is gone from 1-3 days after a breaker reset, then returns.

I believe I have it narrowed down to the HVAC system. Try turning that breaker off, does the flickering stop?

Comment

Working...
          X