Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2477D controls lights mechanically but not remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477D controls lights mechanically but not remotely.

Hi All,
    I hooked up two dimmers to two different 3 way circuits and they work fine if I press the buttons. If I use the app or Alexa, both recognize the switch but don't execute the function. For example, if I turn the light off using the app, the led rolls to the bottom of the switch as it should but the light remains on. Same goes for turning it on. The led rolls to the top of the switch but the light doesn't come on. If I depress the switch manually, lights go on and off without issue.

Strangely both circuits with dimmers do this but an on/off switch installed at the same time works perfectly.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Joe

are you controlling the scene from the app or the switch itself? It sounds like you are controlling the switch itself (and its not the one connected to the load). Make sure you control the scene otherwise it will not work properly.

Comment

I just came back to write I figured out the solution and richaree answered it. When linking the switch to my app, I linked the wrong switch. I didn't realize it mattered. Deleted old switch, linked new one and voila, works like a charm.

Thanks for the advice. Hoopefully this will help someone else.

J.

Comment

Working...
      X