4 Way Switch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Way Switch Question

I have two outside lighting circuits that I would like to control together. One circuit is a 3 way (two switches) located at the top and bottom of a interior staircase.and the other circuit is single switched in a garage location. My question is can I install Insteon On/Off switches in all 3 locations and link them together to turn on/off both circuits together?

Yes, you can do that. The only concern is the 3-way configuration. In a few instances power enters at the fixture. If that's the case, then you may require an extra part.

Remove, but do not disconnect, both 3-way switches and describe the wire colors, how they're grouped (e.g., one 2-wire cable and one 3-wire cable) and what each color is connected to. Especially important is which wire is connected to the black screw (one at each switch) and which are connected to brass screws (two at each switch). You can ignore ground wires, if any.

It's likely that one or more white wires are not neutral wires. And both line and load can be any of black, red or white.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I want to know more about that. MyCCPay Login
      Last edited by Brandyhorn; 09-27-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X