New 2477D switches won't link with 2476D's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2477D switches won't link with 2476D's

I have over 100 2476D, 2476S and 2486D (6 button Keypads) with 415 links in my 5 year old home. I tried using a hub (2242-222) to link them but the hub basically won't work with these older switches. So I have been managing everything with Houselinc. It's easy to use and has worked pretty well. I bought some new 2477D and 2477S switches in December and have tried synchronizing them with the rest of my system. They don't work with Houselinc. "Support" said they aren't meant to. I cannot replace my whole system all at once, does anyone know how I can manage my system that has both old and new switches, dimmers and keypads?????

So email support got back to me with:The issue here is that Houselinc’s device XML file needs to be updated. Attached to this email is the updated devices.xml file and instructions to install it in Houselinc. That works. :-)

Comment

Make sure the circuit breaker is turned on.Make sure the air gap (SET Button) is not pulled out.Check junction box wires to ensure all connections aretight and no bare wires are exposed.Check the light fixture to ensure all connections are tightand no bare wires are exposed www.partycityfeedback.com

Comment

Working...
      X