ON/OFF switch no neutral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON/OFF switch no neutral

I have a room in my home that has an on/off switch that controls the bottom half of the plugs in the room. I would like to replace the on/off switch with an Insteon switch, but there is no neutral wire in the box. Any suggestions?? I do not want a dimmer switch.

I have two lamps connected to two of the outlets.

Rewire the switch loop. To provide Line and Neutral to the Insteon switches location and tie off the Load wire of the Insteon switch.
    Put a Micro Module or InLineLinc On Off relay type to control the outlets and link it to the Insteon switch.

Comment

Having a need to Looking for an on/off switch that will work with and 994i with z-wave moduleā€¦.. did a search and all I see are dimmers, which I do not want. www.myccpay.com

Comment

Do you have a real switch wiring where you have a Line, Load and Neutral? You may find a neutral in the back of the electrical box bundled with other neutrals.
        If you have only a switch loop with only two wires and no neutral. That will effect available switches. As switches need a real neutral to work correctly.
        Two wire dimmers can steal power through the load itself that an on off type can not.

Comment

Working...
        X