Keypads only switch scenes off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypads only switch scenes off

I recently replaced two keypads in my home, a 2334 8-button and a 2334 6-button. As I am reprogramming the buttons, I can somehow only switch the connected responders off, not on. I tried both adding a keypad button to a scene as a controller directly through set button on the controller/responder(following manual instructions), and by programming through the iOS app and hub. In both keypads using either method I came to the same result: If the light was already on, the keypad button would turn it off. If it was off, it would not be turned on. Each keypad has a separate responder switch it controls, so it isn't a single point of failure here either.I'm aware that there is a button mode of Toggle/Non-Toggle. The iOS app showed that the button is in Toggle mode.
    Any ideas what this could be? Since it is happening with two different combinations of keypad-responder, using two different methods, it looks like I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

Regards,
    Alex

I would verify that your responders are set to turn on.

Comment

Hello,

Pleased to see your issue as I think I have the same problem in my site
      firstcallonline, I am also confused and in need of light on this same issue. Need help.
      Last edited by William49; 09-22-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

If you double-tap the Keypad button does the light go On? If so it just means that when you manually linked the keypad to the light, one of the devices was in the "off' state, either the keypad, or the light load itself. To correct that just turn the light on, then tap the keypad button until it is backlit, then press and hold the keypad set button to put into linking mode. Then go to the light switch and press and hold its set button.

Usually when you are linking Insteon you want everything to be in the state that you want to see when you turn the devices on. It is possible to create scenes where some devices go to On, while other go to Off, and others somewhere in between.

if you have the iOS app I would recommend only creating scenes through there as you will be able to see and adjust scenes accordingly. if you create scene manually, using the button presses, things like this can happen if a step is missed.

Comment

I just want to know more. Having a same question.

Mynordstrom Employee Login
          Last edited by Denisesutter; 08-24-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Its happened with me the same thing i still couldn't figure out how to resolve this issue.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 11-07-2023, 05:04 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
            X