2477D Not working in one specific location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477D Not working in one specific location

Got a 2477D Dimmer Switch today and have been trying to install it without success. The switch I'm replacing has all three line, load and neutral wires (and ground), but the Insteon Dimmer won't power on when connected. I did swap it temporary with an existing Insteon Dimmer I have elsewhere in the house and it works there. Even if I connect the dimmer to just line, the LED's don't come on (i'm not sure if this is expected behavior or not) so this makes me think there is something wrong with the wiring going to this specific switch I'm replacing.

Try looking at the Set Button. To see if somehow it was pulled out from its normal position. That would Open the Air Gap Switch and it would be dead. As the Air Gap Switch opens the Line connection inside the 2477D for a safety when changing a load like a burned out bulb.

Comment

The set button is in its normal position.

Comment

Well if it is dead after all your tests. I would call Smarthome Customer Support and start a warranty exchange.
        From you test results. It sounds like you have a DOA module.

Comment

I swapped a dimmer that was working with this one (in a different location) and it worked in that location. Both dimmers work however, neither will power on in this one specific location. All of the wires appear to be there. What is confusing me is the dimmer not powering up (the LED’s on the side not coming on) when I connect it at this location. Power is definitely going to it.

Comment

If it worked in another location. It sounds like the problem location has a wiring issue.

This is not a switch loop or multi-way is it?
            One clue would be the White wire was connected to one of the original switches terminals and it didn't have a pilot light or outlet on it. In that case the White should have a black mark on it.

Can you check the Line, Neutral and Load connections with a meter? With the bulb out of the fixture to prevent reading through the bulb.

Comment

Working...
            X