Insteon 2466SW ToggleLinc becomes unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2466SW ToggleLinc becomes unresponsive

I have a reasonably large Insteon network controlled by an ISY994ZW home automation system. I have a total of three of these switches in my network. I have one particular location that works fine for about two weeks; then it will lock up. The white light is lit, but I can’t control the switch either remotely or locally. If I flip the toggle to “on” nothing happens, my ISY show’s the device off-line. I reached out to Insteon, and they replaced the switch, but the same thing is happening to the new switch which makes me believe this isn’t a switch issue but something happening in the circuit. I have another switch that is on the same circuit that I don’t have issues with; it’s been working fine since installed. Any advice on where to start troubleshooting this switch issue?

Have you tried a AC power cycle to see if noise locked it up?

Comment

Sorry guys, I had problems with my forum log in or I would have responded sooner. I have four closets set up like this, only two of them use the 2466SW toggle switches, the others use the 2477S none of the other setups give me any issue. The setup is like this....

1. 2466SW controls a LED closet light
      2. Hidden door contact is the controller for the 2466SW, turns on the light when the door is open.
      3. The entire setup is controlled by an ISY Scene

The two setups with the toggle switch are on the same exact circuit, only one stops responding, white light stays on you flip the toggle without any response, no relays click, no light turns on. The way to get it out of this condition is to power cycle the switch then it will work for a few weeks then back into this condition. Originally I thought it was a bad switch, worked with Insteon support and they agreed and sent me a new switch, the new switch is exhibiting the same results so now I'm back to square one.

Comment

I can do that but.....the light I purchased from home depot is an all in one, thought they were cool now starting to second guess that decision. I will pull the one that's working and move it to the one I'm having issues with. I'll let you know what happens, if it is the light, it should follow to the other switch. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X