Insteon On/Off Switch Blinking Green When Turned Ooff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon On/Off Switch Blinking Green When Turned Ooff

Hi - I have installed three 2477s switches that operate the load correctly, but when turned off, all blink green for some period of time and then beep. I have tried doing a factory reset on all of them and nothing seems to resolve the behavior. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Maybe check the settings in the app. It might just be set to blink on traffic.

Comment

Thanks. I checked there but the setting all look right. Also, the switches respond from the app but not from my Amazon Echo.

Comment

Sounds like you have more than one issue. You will need to provide more detail about your setup for us to be able to help. Right now you are basically going to the mechanic and just saying you are hearing a noise somewhere in your car.

Controller model#
        Device Model#'s
        New/second hand?

For the echo did you have success logging into your Insteon account through the Amazon app?
        Did you discover devices and were they found? or not.
        If found how many?
        etc...

This will help us understand your setup and eliminate some other steps.

Comment

Ok sure. I’m using a 2245 hub. The switches are 2477s. Brand new out of the box from smart home.

The echo controls most of my switches and dimmers - just not these three. And these three are the only ones blinking green and beeping when I turn them off at the switch.

Comment

Remove them from the hub, factory reset them and the re-add then back

Comment

I can recreate the blinking by enabling blink on traffic. Disabling that option made it go away.

The beep at the end I cannot recreate. Is it just a quick beep or a long buzz? And did the factory reset cause it to go away?

Comment

Working...
              X