Brand New Switches Linked - Can't Unlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand New Switches Linked - Can't Unlink

I installed a brand new wall switch in a room and a 2 brand new dimmer switches in a different room that has been setup as a 3way with a virtual link. However one dimmer switch also controls the switch and light in the other room, the wall switch controls the dimmer but not the light. Both lights are on different breakers. I've never setup a virtual link between these 2 devices and bought them brand new. I've tried to unlink them but they still act together.

Thoughts?

Is it possible I was sold returned/refurbished switches?

**Update** It's also controlling another switch...
    Last edited by sjtracey007; 01-26-2018, 01:38 PM.

First delete the devices from any scene. You may need to force removing the device(s). Then, follow the instructions in the Owner's Manual to factory reset the errant devices. It's somewhat easy to inadvertently link devices.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

In the past. We have also seen new modules shipping with test links in them. That should have been removed before shipping.
      Some of us do a factory reset on all new modules before installing them.

Comment

Thanks for sharing about that. I am looking for more information about it. I will follow you to update the latest posts.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:22 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X