Control of both outlets with Houselinc 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control of both outlets with Houselinc 2

After I add the Outlet 2663 to HouseLinc (latest version, v2.10.25), it's recognized as a single outlet, with no option to independently control the top and bottom outlet that I can see. The product labeling indicates that the outlets can be independently controlled. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

HL2 is end of life and does not support this new device. If you really need to have control and full support the ISY offers such capabilities.
    Teken . . .

Comment

So does the Hub.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Do tell, Stusviews, I have the latest and greatest on order 2663-222 and want to control both outlets with my new hub 2645-222 Thanks Artie

Comment

I got the new 2663-222 outlets. I tried several different ways I cannot get the hub to split the top and bottom receptacles. Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

Do you mean a 2245 Hub and not a 2645? Which app, Android, iOS, Windows tablet or computer?
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

HouseLinc 2 will not control it properly.
              It is defined in the devices.xml file as an ApplianceLinc02CS ApplianceLinc and we have seen no updates to HouseLinc in a long time.

Comment

Ahhh yeah, 2245 hub. Android 4.4.4 . Suppose to be able to independently control either outlet.
                Per email reply from support. Thanks Artie

Comment

http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...-hub2-2245-222

Comment

No problem Artie,

Yes, the 2245-222 hub will be able to control both outlets on the 2663-222 from any devices.

You can add the 2663-222 to the hub by any phones and access the device through the hub by any phones.

Sincerely,
                    This is the reply from Insteon

Comment

Thanks Thao, further down in the body of this email was the question.
                      Will the 2245-222 Hub be able to control both outlets on a 2663-222 outlet, from a Android device? If not,
                      Would I be able to add the 2663-222 outlets, both upper and lower with an IOS, Ipad, then use the Android app for upper and lower outlets?
                      Sorry for the confusion Artie
                      And this was the question I asked

Comment

OK, I understand. What would happen if I was to use an IOS to connect the devices, both upper and lower. Anyone know if an Android device would see and control both upper and lower outlets on a 2663-222?

Comment

I will answer my last question. IOS is able to control individual outlets. Android does not. I'm waiting to see if the Insteon connect works, then see what control the browser has. FYI

Comment

IOS is able to control individual outlets.
                            Android is not. I am trying different scenes with no luck, as of yet
                            Last edited by artie b; 02-14-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Two posters on the SH forum indicated that calling support will get you the latest device file for HL.

Comment

Working...
                              X