2472D outlet isn't working and flashes red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2472D outlet isn't working and flashes red

One of several dimmer outlets isn't working. I plug the lights into the outlet (same lights that have worked for several years) and the outlet makes an almost continuous bunch of beeps and then blinks red rapidly and then slowly after I unplug it. I plugged another lamp in and it failed the same way (but works on another 2472D outlet so the lamp is good).

Don't recognize these symptoms in the manual.

Anyone have an idea?

Also, the lights work fine when plugged into another outlet. Is this dimmer outlet dead?

Comment

The normal thing plugged in is a Christmas wreath with lots of little incandescent bulbs. It has worked for a few years. I tried plugging in my test lamp that I use for this purpose and as soon as I plug it in, the red light starts blinking and the outlet "screams". Same thing when I unplug it. I'm guessing the outlet is toast, for whatever reason. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Just now, I tried the test lamp again with the switch off. I managed to get it plugged in and the red light was solid and there was no sound. As soon as I turned on the lamp, the lamp bulb flashed and the outlet screamed and the red light blinked.

Comment

And to make matters worse, I don't see this for sale at Insteon or Amazon (in white). Is Insteon company folding up now that I have a house full of Insteon devices?

Hopefully, they are just sold out for the holidays. But they have a lot of competition now and they don't seem to advertise AT ALL. They used to be desirable because they worked well AND they had a LOT of different devices. But now, they have cut out several devices. Not nice.

I'm going to try to do a factor reset on the outlet and see if that helps (though I suspect the outlet's circuit is blown somehow).

I found a lamp module that I wasn't using and I plugged it into the bottom outlet and added that to my "Christmas scene" and now the wreath works, at least.

Still want to find out what the outlet is trying to tell me...
          Last edited by mtiede36; 12-09-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Ok, I got it. The factory reset fixed it up. I don't know what kind of mode it was in, but it seems to be working now.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X