Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2472D Neither outlet working even with magnetic key.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2472D Neither outlet working even with magnetic key.

After setting the new 2472D outlet up with the ISY, including using the magnetic key, everything seemed to work as I could see the solid LED turned from red to green when I toggled it off and on but the load (A string of dimmable LED lights) did not light on either outlet. I tested the LED string with a 2456D3 and the lights dimmed without a problem. Of course, this has to be an outlet set about 15' up the side of the house and not at ground level.

Try plugging a standard lamp into it and see what happens. If that doesnt work then the device may not be working.

Comment

Thanks Lilyoyo1. I was using a non-contact voltage detector to identify the circuit and it didn't lie, there was AC power on the line... 10 VAC. No typo. 10 Volts AC when measured with a volt meter. I have no idea where the 10 VAC is coming from. I pulled power from another circuit and everything is working fine, except it never turns off without an incandecent load, so I ordered a single 11W bulb with the same design. Live and learn... hopefully.

Comment

If the meter was a high impedance input as most are these days. The circuit may have been open and you where receiving some induced AC into the open circuit.
        Picking a different AC source and it working. Would seem to indicate the first connection was open.

Comment

Working...
        X