2472D not turning off completely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2472D not turning off completely

I have installed a dimmer outlet and have a string of led dim-able lights plugged in. I can set the brightness to anything that I want but when I turn them Off, there is still a very faint glow from the LED bulbs. Have I missed a setting?

The 2472D has a load control sensing feature. If it is off you can toggle the lights local on off switch from on to off and back on. The outlet will turn on without an Insteon command. The sensing current will keep some LED bulbs glowing when the output is off. You may try an added load or as a test. Try a incandescent night light bulb on the output with the LEDs and see if that kills the glow.

The specification page in the full manual also say incandescent type loads. Are the LED bulbs rated to be dimmed?
    Last edited by BLH; 05-04-2020, 03:17 PM. Reason: Add data

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
      I found an answer in the troubleshooting section of the owners manual: http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2472D-en.pdf

On page 12, it talks about LEDs glowing when off. It says 5w minimum load.
      Thanks for the help

Comment

Thanks for the quick help all - I am checking with an incandescent bulb tonight!

Comment

• tedsteffan
          tedsteffan commented
          Editing a comment
          This was the fix! Thanks
      Working...
      X