No Insteon wall outlet with downline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Insteon wall outlet with downline?

I have a couple of X10 wall outlets with downline support for other outlets in the same box. I can't find any Insteon outlets with the downline capability. I guess I'll have to keep the X10 modules for now unless there is a work-around.

What do you mean "with downline support." AFSIK, only GFCI receptacles have a different downline connection.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

X-10 Pro made a duplex receptacle with two 3-pin outlets and a Blue "downline" (as it's called in some literature) for use as a "remote load switching device". I have four 88W yard light transformers plugged into "downline" outlets powered from this "remote load" Blue line. I was hoping to simply change out the X-10 module with an Insteon equivalent. But it appears I'll need to completely rewire using something like the 2634-222 Outdoor Module.

Comment

Are your "downline" outlets standard duplex receptacles or something else? BTW, what's the X10 module #?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

You have an X10Pro XPR Outlet.
          The Blue Wire that goes On and Off with the XPR. To turn outlets wired to the Blue wire On and Off.
          http://www.authinx.com/manuals/X10/XPR.pdf

I don't believe there is an Insteon equivalent.
          Last edited by BLH; 11-22-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

stusviews - yes the downline outlets are standard duplex outlets, and BLH nailed it with the supplied URL ... I'll just keep the X10 outlets for now ... I have 3 in outdoor boxes and they work fine with Houselinc ... I'm upgrading to ISY994i and if they continue to work I'll just leave them ... I also have lots of X10 appliance switches used only during Christmas and will keep them as well ... not worth the cost to replace them with Insteon.

Comment

You should be OK--for a while, depending on how many Insteon devices you add. All device, both X10 and Insteon decrease the power line signal somewhat, but Insteon devices repeat the signal, X10 modules do not.

Comment

Working...
              X