App not triggering associated keypad scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

App not triggering associated keypad scenes

I have an on/off keypad in which each of the buttons other than the load controls a device (such as a micro on/off hooked up to a light). This works fine. However, when I try to control the keypad from the iOS app, it does not do what I expect: tapping the virtual button in the app turns the button led on or off, but the associated device is unaffected. Only the keypad load button works as expected. What am I missing?

You have to control the scene itself not the kpl button.

Comment

Sigh. One of the buttons controls an X10 device; I was hoping that I could use the keypad as a relay, because the hub (and hence the app) does not support X10.

Comment

No work around for that. The discontinued 2242 hub allows for X10 control. You could always pick that one up for your X10 devices

Comment

The Hub is direct control over your Insteon devices so, if you go into a device like a keypad and turn on a button, the button will turn on. But only the button. If you are using the app you would want to make a scene with the button you want to use and the light you want to control it. You would then use the scene icon that was created in the app to control the devices as opposed to the virtual button you see in the keypad.

Comment

Working...
          X