Linking KeypadLink to ICON switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking KeypadLink to ICON switches

I have a legacy Insteon ICON system and recently added two six button keypads to the system. I have four switches I want to add to the keypad, all controlled by ICON and/ or SwitchLinc switches, but incorporating one on/ off outlet (2663-222) and a Relay (2475SDB). I have been unsuccessful adding the keypads as responders. I contacted tech support who told me that the ICONs will not work with the keypads, but I thought the keypads were dual band. If I had to replace the ICONS with something newer, would I only have to replace the controller switches or their corresponding responders as well?

Thanks for the prompt response. I am doing this manually as I have no hub or app. It could be that the switches are on opposite legs of the breaker box neutral. I used to have a bridge, but it was removed when I installed transfer switches for a generator. I found the instructions to be a bit vague, so maybe I am not doing this right: I set the ICON to link mode as controller, then I press the keypad button until it beeps. If I read the instructions right, the on/ off buttons are for loads connected to the keypad directly. If the keypad has a load, how do I get it to turn on with as a responder?

Comment

I missed the setting the responder to linking mode after selecting the button. Let me try that before investing in more bridges (not sure if my one is dual-band). Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X