Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Configure a keypad button to send only OFF commands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configure a keypad button to send only OFF commands?

I want to configure a keypad button to send only OFF commands to its linked responders when pressed. I also want its LED to remain off after every press (not toggle).

The Insteon hub app gives me options of Toggle or Always On, but not Always Off.

How can I do this?

Non-toggle off has been removed from KPLs. You need software or an ISY to set that feature. I don't know which software can accomplish that.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I believe non-toggle off can still be set by local programming, as outlined in the manual. The dedicated ON and OFF buttons in a 6 button config can't be changed.

I have small buttons set to always be 'off' during button use, but they are set as responders from an IOLinc. As such, the buttons only illuminate when triggered by the door sensor. This provides single button garage door status monitor and control.

The local programming is a bit tricky, and I'm not sure the manual is exactly correct. I found that when the button was in toggle mode, I would press it to the condition (lighted on or unlit off) that I wanted it to exhibit, then did local programming to cycle it to the next mode, moving it from Toggle to Always On or Off.

I might be wrong on this; I haven't verified that the button always sends an OFF command, only that the button is consistently off.

Comment

Earlier KPLs had that ability, but that feature has been removed. The procedure was/is the press the button until it began blinking, release and press the button a second time for about 10 sec, release and hold the button a third time until the blinking stops to cycle through toggle, non-toggle on and non-toggle off.

That method also works to change the Off button on a 6-button KPL the keep the LED unlit.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X