Program Scene with Six-Button Keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program Scene with Six-Button Keypad

New at INSTEON but learning so hope this explains it.

Have a six-button dimmer keypad with Button B in scene with two plug in controllers (lamps). Lamps are responders; Button B is a toggle in the scene as both responder/controller. When B is pressed, the two lamps come on and B lights up. Would like to turn OFF the light for button B if either lamp is subsequently turned off, but NOT turn off the other lamp. Also, do NOT want to turn on button B if either lamp is turned on separately.

Ideas?

What are you using to create scenes?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Insteon for Hub IOS App

Comment

The Hub is not capable of conditionals (anything that includes "IF"). You'll need something more sophisticated such as software or an ISY
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I have HouseLinc to manipulate the Hub but I need to go to ISY994 to get really robust management? I read through the user manual and it seems much more powerful than the hub. Is there another option I should consider? I don't want to buy the ISY and then (like the Hub) find out that there is a better option.

Comment

Other choices include software which requires that a computer be power on 24/7. There is no option between low cost and costly. IMO, there's no better option than the ISY. I did use HL for years and abandoned it only because SH discontinued updates. I'm not in the least bit regretful

Comment

Working...
            X