Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are blank keypad button kits available in colors other than white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are blank keypad button kits available in colors other than white?

What I want is a 2401BT10 blank keypad button kit in "light almond" instead of white.

Does such a thing exist and, if not, why not?

The buttons are available in clear. You can use any color behind them. As to why, this is a user-to-user forum, so any response is a guess. I'd guess that there not enough of a demand for unlabelled color buttons.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

OK, thanks.

I realize that this is a user forum, but is seems insane that I could (at great expense) order a set of custom engraved buttons in light almond with no engraving on them but I can't order a set of blank buttons. Having acquired some Insteon devices I really like them but this kind of lack of attention to detail is infuriating.

Comment

It's supply and demand. No company is in business to lose money. If there isn't enough demand for something, why spend money on carrying something that isn't going to sell? They still need to pay for the tooling, packaging, shipping , storage, etc.

Comment

Wall switches like these are something of a "luxury" item and the people who but them usually care about both functionality and appearances. Since they supply pre-engraved and custom engraved buttons in a variety of colors it seems strange that they wouldn't also make blank buttons available. It's a pity because this appears to be a fundamentally good product but I am becoming increasingly frustrated by several fairly minor shortcomings, all of which could be easily fixed.

Comment

The pre printed buttons are only in white though you can get custom buttons in other colors. White makes up a large majority of their sales by an extremely large margin. I understand your pain but for them it may not make god business sense for a full line of something that simply will not sell.

Comment

If you truly need blank keys in what ever color you can use some rubbing alcohol to remove the OEM lettering. It should be noted what ever sheen the buttons has may / will be dulled.

There are other various chemical agents that could be used like nail polish remover etc. But they tend to melt the plastic quite quickly so consider the product in use before doing so.
              Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
              X