Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Programming a keypad with detached load.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not find the public access links to the developers documentation any more.
    Where exactly is the web page where they can be accessed by the general public unless you know the exact location on the Insteon web servers?

Comment

Originally posted by BLH View Post
      I can not find the public access links to the developers documentation any more.
      I am not sure. I do not remember how I found it the first time, so I cannot tell you how to find it now, other than the link.

Where exactly is the web page where they can be accessed by the general public unless you know the exact location on the Insteon web servers?
      I have no idea. Not sure why it matters. This is not a feature that one can use without software that supports it. Having access to the documentation does not change that. From what I can tell, it is more intended as a feature for professional installers or more advanced end users.

Comment

It may not matter to most users.
        There are some interested in how Insteon works in more details than the White Papers give.
        The Developers Documentation originally was available only to the Developers Group Members. Like myself.
        Then the Developers Group forums went offline and the documentation links where then publicly listed.
        Now they again are removed from the available manuals links lists, but seem to be available if you know its exact link.
        Last edited by BLH; 09-11-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLH View Post
          The Developers Documentation originally was available only to the Developers Group Members. Like myself.
          Then the Developers Group forums went offline and the documentation links where then publicly listed.
          Now they again are removed from the available manuals links lists, but seem to be available if you know its exact link.
          It looks like they have added back a link to become a developer. I have been a developer for years and their support seems go up and down somewhat randomly. They have also made it easier and harder to join the program over the course of time. I would suggest starting by sending a request to join the program (again) and see what they say. :-)

Comment

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16321
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but it was one of the few I found discussing the Detach Load option with someone trying to reassign the load to another button. I was able to achieve this recently and wanted to share in case it could help anyone else.

Thanks to the developer of the 3rd party Insteon plugin for HomeSeer 3, who got a tip from his contact at Insteon, I was able to link the load to a different button on the same controller.

Here is the original thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ach-load/page3

To sum it up:

Note: I was in 8 button mode and reassigned the load to Button B

1) Make sure the load is still attached to Button A (Main On/Off)
              2) Tap the button that you want to have control the load (Button X), it doesn't matter if you are turning the button on or off
              3) Press and hold the Set button until Keypad beeps, Button X should be blinking
              4) Press and hold Button A (Main On/Off) until the keypad beeps and Button X stops blinking

Button X should now control the load AND Button A (Main On/Off). However, Button A (Main On/Off) won't control Button X. This is OK because now is when you want to detach the load

5) Detach the load

Now, only Button X should control the load.

Note: this doesn't work exactly like when Button A (Main On/Off) controls the load. If you remotely control Button X, or include just Button X in a group or link, the load will not be controlled. You must include both the newly created Load device and Button X when doing any linking or creating groups if you want to keep them in sync, just like when linking two separate devices.

Hopefully this can help someone else. Happy HAing!

Comment

Working...
              X