Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help programming keypad

Hoping the community can help me.

My goal: press button D on a keypad, and all the lights in the basement go off.

I have a 6 key keypad, and three dimming light switches. I have successfully programmed button D to tell the three dimming switches to turn off when it's pressed. BUT, the keypad is also the switch which controls the hall light. Meaning: the load for that light switch goes to the keypad, NOT to one of the dimmers.

How do I get the keypad to tell itself to turn off that main load as part of the scene I'm programming?

What at you using to "program?" An app (which one), software (which one), an ISY, other?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Great question, sorry. I used two tools for programming the scene:
      1. I manually entered most of the scene information using the swtiches themselves (i.e. press set, run to next switch, press-hold, repeat)
      2. I also used the open source project insteon-terminal on my raspberry pi.

Does that help?

Thanks!
      insteon-terminal - A simple tool to allow modification of an insteonplm or a insteonhub

Comment

Turn on button D, then use the set button to place the KPL into linking mode. Hold the On button until the D button stops blinking, about 5-6 seconds. Do not use the set button for this step.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

THANK YOU! That works. One more question then: now when I press the D button, I have to press it again to get it to turn everything off. I remember something about how the buttons can have different modes... toggle vs. select or something. How do I make it so hitting D instantly turns everything off, rather than having to hit it again?

Comment

Press and hold the D button until it starts blinking and the KPL beeps (older KPLs don't beep), release and hold again for about 6-10 seconds and the KPL beeps. Release and hold a third time until the blinking stops. The button will rotate through Toggle, non-Toggle On and non-Toggle Off after each three presses as described.

Comment

Working...
            X