Keypad dimmer lights flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad dimmer lights flickering

hi guys, I recently had 17 switchlinc dimmers, keypads and switches installed. Everything seems to work well, apart from my one dimmer keypad. Ithe lights connected to the keypad flicker when almost any other switch/dimmer in my apartment is turned on or off. Any ideas ?

What kind of load is wired to the Keypad dimmer?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

3 dimmable LED (GU10) down lights, same lights I have on all the other dimmers

Comment

Try swapping the bulbs with those that don't flicker. Also, select another switch/dimmer that causes the flicker consistently. Are both devices on the same circuit breaker?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Tried swapping bulbs, same ... I will try and swap the 8 button dimmer with another normal dimmer tonight and see if it's a dodgy dimmer ...

Comment

Yes they on same circuit breaker

Comment

Originally posted by rjuch View Post
              Tried swapping bulbs, same ... I will try and swap the 8 button dimmer with another normal dimmer tonight and see if it's a dodgy dimmer ...
              You don't need to change any scenes/programming to do the (temporary) swap. The only concern is the load. BTW, before actually swapping ensure that all connections are tight.

Comment

tried using a different 8 button dimmer keypad, it no longer flickers. Seems like a faulty unit, however... the unit that doesn't flicker, the lights have a slight shimmer when turning off and on and simmer slightly when other buttons in the house are pressed, almost like the flicker but just a 'shimmer' now ? so strange, something else i forgot to mention, the switch box that is this is in is a double switch box, i have another switchlinc dimmer in it that works flawlessly. Another thing i noticed, the double switch box, the electrician seems to have pulled through a single neutral line. There are 2 loads, 1 line and 1 neutral.

Im no electrician, could it be possible to have 1 neutral for 2 different light circuits ? (two light circuits, but both on same breaker on DB Board)

Comment

If they're on the same circuit breaker, then they're on the same circuit. It's correct to have one line and one neutral for several loads (up to 15, but in reality seldom gets near that). Everything on the same breaker has the same line and neutral.

BTW, does the "problem" keypad work in a different location?

Comment

The problem keypad flickers in the room I moved it to... So it's defiantly a faulty keypad.

Comment

Working...
                    X