Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep the LEDs in sync with the lights

Hi,

I'm new to Insteon but have tried every option in the Android app to work out what to do here.

I have an 8 button dimmer switch and have assigned button B to a scene that switches on a few lights in the living room. I have also assigned button H to be an 'all off'.

When I press B, the relevant lights switch on and the LED on button B illuminates. If I press B again, the lights switch off and the LED stops illuminating - so far so good.

However, when I press B and the lights and LED come on and then press button H for 'all off', the room lights all switch off but the LED for button B is still lit up. I have tried setting it up as a 'Controller' and as 'Both' but it does the same thing.

How do I get the LED for a scene button to go out when the scene is no longer current?

Thanks!

James

Did you create two scenes, one for button B and another for button H? BTW, you mentioned two buttons, so when you say "it" there is ambiguity as to which button you are referring to.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes I created two scenes, one containing several lights, assigned to button B, and another containing all the lights in the house in 'off' mode, for button H, as my 'all off'.

Also, in another layer of complexity, I have a second 6-button keypad and I assigned one of the scenes of that keypad (button D) to my 'all off' scene.

Even though button 'H' of the first keypad and button 'D' of the second keypad both activate the 'all off' scene successfully, their LEDs are not in sync - I would expect that activating / deactivating the scene on one would activate / deactivate the LED on the other but it just doesn't do that.

As for the 'it' ambiguity, I have tried setting each button as either 'controller' or 'both' and see no difference in the way they work.

Thanks,

James

Comment

If the buttons are configured as "Both," then they should stay in sync. The buttons may require a couple of presses to get coordinated.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I got it working - thanks for your help. James

Comment

Working...
          X