Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting keypad buttons to Somfy blinds via I/O Linc

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Insteon and in the process of kitting out our house. I have a question regarding the connection of a 6 button Keypad to control our Somfy roller shades via the I/O Linc Drape Control kit (http://www.smarthome.com/i-o-linc-in...ntrol-kit.html).

The good news is that I have the I/O Linc set up and it is working to control the roller shades.

The issue is that I'd like to have one button on the Keypad to close the shades, and one button to open the shades. Right now as it's configured the Keypad buttons will always seem to toggle the shades open/closed. I.e. one button must both open and close the shades.

Is having two separate buttons (one for opening, one for closing) possible? I expect I have my scenes configured incorrectly or something.

Thank you in advance,

Paul

Change one button to On-only and the other button to Off-only.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer Stu. Can you clarify what you mean please?

I set up a scene for the blinds called "Blinds closed", with button C on the Keypad as the controller and the I/O Linc as the responder, set to off. When this scene is assigned to the Keypad button, it acts like a toggle switch, and pressing it again will open the blinds.

I'm sure I am missing something!

Comment

Change the buttons to non-toggle as described in the Owner's Manual.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I see that option now. Will try tonight, thank you!

Comment

Here's what I did:

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Here's a better view:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by stusviews; 12-15-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I want to confirm that I need only ONE drape control kit - somebody told me I need two, one for open, and one for close...

Comment

One kit is all that's needed for both open and close.

Comment

Working...
                  X