Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad with Insteon iOS App

Hello,

I have the Insteon Hub and use the iPhone app to control my devices. Recently, I purchased a 6 button Key Pad to control multiple dimmer switches at one location. I have linked each switch together such that when I press the "Scene A" button it will light up, turn the light on, and the switch it is linked to will turn its light indicator on (on the switch itself). This works in both directions with lighting up and turning the lights on/off.

My problem is this... when I use the Inston App to turn a light on (single dimmer switch) the indiciator light will not turn on the Key Pad to tell me that the light is on. This also is an issue with lights that you put on timers. For example, every day at 6pm my front door dimmer switch turns my porch light on but my Keylinc will not light up "Scene A" which it is paired with to reflect that it happend.

Finally, in the app when I click on the individual Key Pad device and it opens up to show the four different secnes when I click on those they do not turn on the dimmer devices and there is no status indicator lights on the app telling me which of the other lights are on.

Is there something I missed with the installation or is the keylinc device not fully compatable with the insteon iOS app? It appears to work fine when physically turning lights on and off at the switches but it leaves much to be desired with the phone application.

Neil
    iPhone 5S and iPad Air2 - iOS 9.3
    Surfboard SB6141/Airport Extreme, Time Warner Cable
    22 INSTEON

Originally posted by NeilMiller View Post

My problem is this... when I use the Inston App to turn a light on (single dimmer switch) the indiciator light will not turn on the Key Pad to tell me that the light is on. This also is an issue with lights that you put on timers. For example, every day at 6pm my front door dimmer switch turns my porch light on but my Keylinc will not light up "Scene A" which it is paired with to reflect that it happend.
    When you turn on (or off) a device, only that device is affected. None of the devices in the same scene as that device respond. If you want more that one device to respond (e.g., SwitchLinc and KPL button) then use a scene only.
    Finally, in the app when I click on the individual Key Pad device and it opens up to show the four different secnes when I click on those they do not turn on the dimmer devices and there is no status indicator lights on the app telling me which of the other lights are on.
    Same thing, clicking on a button affect only that button, not the scene it is a controller of.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thank you, I wanted to use the "scene" buttons on the keypad go just turn individual lights on and off (rather than a grouping). I ended up making a scene for each light I wanted to control (I.e "flood light scene") and linked those scenes to each button. Looks to be working pretty well. Thanks again!
      iPhone 5S and iPad Air2 - iOS 9.3
      Surfboard SB6141/Airport Extreme, Time Warner Cable
      22 INSTEON

Comment

Working...
      X