Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad won't turn on full Scene, but iPhone app will

Curious -
    I create a Scene on my iPhone (which turns on 6 devices - all lights), and then assign it to one of the buttons on the 6-button keypad (could be any button).
    I then test the Scene from my iPhone and it will turn on/off correctly.
    However, when I try to turn it on/off from the 6-button keypad, not all of the devices will turn on. I get this same behavior for another Scene I created and assigned to another button on the keypad. Any tips would be welcome! This is taking a looooooong time to get up and running.

Did you add the button to the scene as Controller, Responder, or Both?

Comment

I've added as CONTROLLERS and then set the selection to ON
      Should I be using BOTH (instead of CONTROLLER)? I'm a little confused on when BOTH would be selected instead...
      Thanks!

Comment

A controller can turn a device on (or to a particular On-level at a particular ramp rate for some devices) or off. Some devices are controllers only, for example, a Mini Remote or Motion Sensor.

A responder is the device that's turned on. Some devices are responders only, for example, an INSTEON LED bulb or have no need to be a controller, such as a Micro Module or In-LineLinc.

Selecting BOTH is useful for setting up a virtual 3-way configuration. No matter which button or paddle controls the load, you'd want both devices to show the correct status of the load.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I actually have two 6-button keypads in different parts of the house that I have assigned to the same Scene.
          It sounds like then I would want to select BOTH on each of the keypads so they stay in sync and show the correct status, is that right?
          Thanks again, much appreciated-

Comment

You are absolutely correct
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks stusviews

Comment

Hello, i have another problem. I recently purchases 6- button keypad, and there is no way to controle scenes from the keypad using Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 app. Ther is on IPhone and Android.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I have the same problem as lachutm....

Comment

Working...
                  X