Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Program Controlled lamp to another button (8 button keypad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program Controlled lamp to another button (8 button keypad)

Ok, I have an 8 button keypad and am using the 'switch' of that to control a set of recessed lights. Button A is the control for that load and works fine. My question is I am programming the 'other' buttons for scenes, and have no idea how to add the keypad's load to be a member of the scene. i have tried setting the brightness of that light 1st, then commenced programming a scene, adding other switches to it, then press the program button in an attempt to add the 'local' switch to the scene but it just ends programming. I have read the instructions several times and I don't seem to see this scenario as part of the documentation. I'm pretty technically savvy, but this has got me stumped! I know I'm just doing something wrong, It may be the way I am creating scenes in the 1st place. There seem to be two ways, and I am using the 'second' method that's documented, Advanced features, Add multiple scene responders. Pressing the set button twice, then walking around the room and setting each device, finishing by pressing the scene button I was programming to finish. I guess I still don't get the difference between a responder and a controller

Multi-linking doesn't work when adding the load button to a scene if a secondary button on the same keypad is a scene controller. Add the load button separately and do not use the set button at all. Here's how:

After all the device you want included in the scene are linked to the button of choice, and you can use multi-linking for that, press and hold that button until it begins blinking and the KPL beeps, about 6-10 seconds. Release the button.

Press and hold the load button until the blinking stops.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the process, I'll keep a note of it. I got it to work last night in a different way than you described. 1st, I set the load to the desired brightness using the main-A button. Then I hit the scene button I wanted to add it to. Pressed and held the set button, pressed the set button again, then pressed and held the main-A button for the load (it may turn off when you do that) until it beeped, then pressed the programmed scene button. That worked!

Comment

Working...
      X