Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon keypad clicks and blinks off lights when turning on something on same circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon keypad clicks and blinks off lights when turning on something on same circuit

We have a 2486D keypad dimmer. The strange behavior is that when we turn on any other device (such as a fan or sewing machine) that happens to be on the same circuit (it's not controlled by the Insteon, it's just on the same circuit), the Insteon keypad makes a click sound and turns off the light it controls for a couple seconds and then turns back on (like it's doing some kind of reset).

Any ideas?

If you have a meter and can safely do it.
    When you turn on a problem device. Can you see the AC drop for a brief time? Maybe long enough to do a power cycle reset.
    Another thought if the module has been in use for years. Its power supply is starting to get weak and extra sensitive to power line noise or dips.

Comment

I have a multi-meter that has a "min" function and it only shows a slight drop of about half a volt, so I don't think it's that. I do wonder if replacing the switch would fix it. I may try swapping it out with another one eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by searcher View Post
        I have a multi-meter that has a "min" function and it only shows a slight drop of about half a volt, so I don't think it's that. I do wonder if replacing the switch would fix it. I may try swapping it out with another one eventually.
        I have the same problem. Your suggest is very useful for me.
        cuphead

Comment

Working...
        X