Manually Creating a Scene that Includes Main On/Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Creating a Scene that Includes Main On/Off

I have an 8 button keypad which is wired to a 2-way light. I want to use one of the scene buttons to control all of the (insteon) lights in the house, including the single switch controlled light of the keypad. How do I manually link these?

Basically I want the top left (Main On/Off) button to control the light, AND I want the bottom right scene button to control the light. But I don't have a hub.

For the All On Scene you would:

1.Turn On all the devices that you want to be a part of that scene, including the Main On/Off
    2. Go to the Keypad and tap the button you want to control the lights with so that the button is On/back-lit.
    3. Press and hold the set button for three seconds and let go. The led should be a steady flashing green.
    4. Tap the set button one time.You should see a heart beat type blinking pattern. (This is multi-linking mode)
    5. You now have four minutes to go around and hold the set button in on each device you want to be controlled by that button.
    6. For tghe main On/Off you will press and hold that button down for ~10 seconds. The backlight will probably dim here.
    7. When you are done, tap the keypad button to get it out of linking mode and then test the operation.

8. Now tap the Main On/Off so it is off and then tap the button that you are using for control of the All On Scene so it is Off.
    9. Press and hold the keypad set button. the control button should start blinking.
    10. press and hold the Main On/off button for 10 seconds.

The scene button will control the lights, including the Main/On/Off but yo will still have independent control of the Main.

Comment

Working...
    X