The Incredible Expanding KeyPadLinc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Incredible Expanding KeyPadLinc?

I have a question, and I'm hoping the answer is no. Did someone decide to expand the size of the dimmer KeyPadLinc (2334-232 Rev 7.2) so that it no longer fits in the Tabletop Enclosure (2402)? I've wired quite a few of these, and never had this much trouble. But this last one I purchased does not seem like it's going to fit no matter what...?
    Jim Speiser
    Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Are you sure it's not a2487s? The dimmers still fit without issue

Comment

You are absolutely correct, it is indeed a 2487S. I must have gotten that other number from a way-earlier edition.

However, I must take issue that it fits without issue. I have even foreshortened and re-stripped the wires. At one point I tried to fit it without the wire nuts, just to see if my eyes were fooling me, because it sure looked like it was too bulky to fit in the enclosure even sans wires. I could not make it fit all the way down to the screw-in stems.

Did my unit pig out on Cheetohs while in shipment? Inquiring minds want to know!
      Jim Speiser
      Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

The 2487S is .5" deeper than the dimmer model and with #12 Line and Load wires. It would not fit the 2402 tabletop case.

Comment

Originally posted by BLH View Post
          The 2487S is .5" deeper than the dimmer model and with #12 Line and Load wires. It would not fit the 2402 tabletop case.
          OK, so I'm not losing my mind. And yet...this is a REPLACEMENT unit....which means I was able to fit it before!

Apparently what has happened is that I simply ordered the wrong thing. I guess I just assumed they were all the same size...and since I never used the dimming function on this one, I wasn't really conscious of the difference.

Sonofabitch. Can't return it, I've modified it. I'll just have to find an in-wall use for it and order the correct one.

Thank you for solving this.

Is there an emoji for "Gawd, do I feel stupid"?

Yeah, I guess there is!
          Last edited by JimSpy; 12-21-2019, 11:27 AM. Reason: Edited to add a self-deprecating afterthought
          Jim Speiser
          Payson, Arizona

Comment

Was the old one also a 2487S or an older different model. Like a 2486D power line only dimmer KeypadLinc. I know it is also the thinner depth as I have one i a tabletop case myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BLH View Post
              Was the old one also a 2487S or an older different model. Like a 2486D power line only dimmer KeypadLinc. I know it is also the thinner depth as I have one i a tabletop case myself.
              The old one was a 2334-232, as I originally posted (but then thought was wrong, but now know is right).
              Jim Speiser
              Payson, Arizona

Comment

Working...
              X