8 key dimmer basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 key dimmer basics

I have created a scene with the 8 key dimmer.
    It has one internal dimmer. How do I address this module?
    I want the MAIN button to set this dimmer to 40% along with 6 other dimmers.
    I thought I could press MAIN and the dimmers would toggle between 40% and 0%.
    That didn't work but if I double pressed the button, all 6 came on to 100%.
    And I then press MAIN once, all of them fade out to 0%.

Using the ISY program, I can use the FAST ON button to turn everything to 100%, FAST OFF turns all of them off.
    But ON just turns one of the 6 on slowly.

Is there some ghost setting in the keypad that can't be seen by the ISY program?
    Would the only way to clear this be to pull out the keypad and hard reset it?
    I assume that the ISY program gets all of its module settings from the modules themselves.
    I just installed the ISY program on a new PC and did not have to set anything to see the scene.

Bill

Bill,

If using the isy you need to program the button controlling the scene with the appropriate dim levels for all and not just the scene itself. If you program the scene the way you want the button to operate then add the button to the scene last that will work also.

These problems are noticed when the controller is placed in the scene first

If you want send me a email with your phone number and I’ll call you back. Slee@insteon.com My name is Steve

Comment

Does insteon endorse isy?

Comment

Working...
      X