Keypad Scenes & Harmony Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad Scenes & Harmony Hub

Does anyone know if it's possible for the Insteon Keypads to initiate Harmony hub IR commands? The closest I've been able to get is with using the Insteon hub and a mobile app called Yonomi. The problem is Yonomi can only trigger events (like scenes or Harmony commands) by way of the on/off keypad button, effectively ignoring the other 7 buttons. I realize the other 7 buttons are actually scenes but it seems like if an on/off button can control non insteon devices, why can't the scene buttons. This is maybe just a limitation on the Yonomi app so doesn't anyone know of another option for the keypad scene buttons to control non-insteon devices?

The keypads are great but it's a big limitation if they can only control lighting

Not with the hub. Using a more advanced controller like the isy makes it possible

Comment

The issue lies in the Insteon API. It does not currently support anything but the main On/Off buttons for Keypads so there would be no way for Harmony to link to a specific button other than On/Off.

Controllers like the ISY-994i/IR give you the option to create conditions/links between IR codes and Insteon commands as lilyoyo1 described.

You could try putting just the button into a scene on the Hub and see if Yonomi can see/control that. It is a work around for controlling devices that Yonomi doesn't know about.

Comment

I do this with an ISY994iZW Pro, Polyglot (come October, a Polisy) and a Harmony Hub. I push the music button, it turns on the room to music, movies to movies, etc. And it's two way: if you use the remote, keyboard, or app to turn on music mode, it also lights the keypad button.

Comment

Working...
        X