Need to replaced older failed 2486D 8 button keypads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to replaced older failed 2486D 8 button keypads

I wired my home 12 years ago and installed approximately 40 Insteon keypad switches, dimmers and 8 button control pads throughout the house. In the last 7 months six of the 2486D 8 button dimmers have failed. My question is will the new 2334-222 8 button dimmers work as a direct replacement for my old keypads or do I need to replace every switch, dimmer and keypad in my home with the updated technology? I'm not interested in controlling my home remotely using a hub with an app on a smartphone. I just want to get things back to working the way they were by replacing the 8 button 2486D keypad dimmers that went bad...PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for the info....the guy I spoke to at SmartHome told me different...said the new switches wouldn't work! Geeeeze!

Comment

Right, I have Insteon switches for (non dimmable devices) and Insteon dimmers throughout the house connected to things like recessed cans, dinning room chandelier, overhead lights above my kitchen island. Then, in strategic locations in the house I have the 8 button switches so I can control virtually any light or device connected to one of the Insteon dimmers or Switches from many different locations. I'm not trying to mix any standard mechanical switches in with the Insteon stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fuscobros View Post
        Thanks for the info....the guy I spoke to at SmartHome told me different...said the new switches wouldn't work! Geeeeze!
        Unfortunately the new tech support people they outsource to aren't as up to date and competent as previous people were.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post

Unfortunately the new tech support people they outsource to aren't as up to date and competent as previous people were.
          Well, besides the fact they have a weak command of the English language and comprehension . . . What are people expecting from people who get paid $0.36 HR?!?! It's the American way to farm out jobs to third world nations to increase profits.

Profit before people ~ Don't ever forget that . . .
          Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
          X