Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add scene to key

hi
    ive got an 8 keypad, and i would like to know if its possible to set up an scene combining 2 or
    more lights

Sure. Create a scene with the button as a controller and the lights as responders. Optionally, set the On-level and ramp rate for the responders if they're dimmers.

Note: a button can control one and only one scene, but a scene can have many controllers.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Do i have to create the scene using the app? How do i link the scene to the keypad?

Comment

The on-line Owner's Manual has instructions for creating scenes, depending on what you use as an Insteon manager to create scenes, manually or an Insteon Hub. Or are you using something else to create scenes.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, im reading this http://cache.insteon.com/pdf/2486D.pdf, but i cant find the way of creating the scene using sofrware and linking to the button

Comment

It all depends on what you are using. The more information you provide about your set-up, the more assistance you can receive.

There are different insteon controllers. If you go controller's webpage that you are using you would find the manual for that. It will then give you the instructions for linking and creating scenes

Comment

Creating a scene manually is as easy as linking the same button to multiple responder devices. You can use Multi-link mode, or just follow the same individual linking procedure for each responder.

if you are using software, you just choose to add the keypad buttton to the scene as either a scene controller or as both a controller and responder.

Comment

Im using the app to create scenes, but i cant find the way of
                1) Create the scene
                2) Link the scene to the keypad button

Thanks!

Comment

Whoops, looks like you’ve got the Hub Pro, not the model 2245 Hub or ISY.

Unfortunately, HomeKit and the Insteon+ app don’t support the Insteon Keypad secondary buttons or Insteon scenes. You can still link those buttons as controllers of other Insteon gear manually using button holds as outlined in the owner’s manual.

Comment

Are them new models? Or just the homekit are the ones that cant link using software?

Comment

• TFitzpatri8
                      TFitzpatri8 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It appears to be an issue with the way Apple handles HomeKit.

But can i link one button to more than one controller?

Comment

• TFitzpatri8
                      TFitzpatri8 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Affirmative, just repeat the linking process for each responder.
                  Working...
                  X