Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keypad Button show status of (2) switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad Button show status of (2) switches?

Hello:
    I currently have a 6-button keypad with Button C setup in toggle mode controlling (2) 2477D switches. Button C is set up as controller/responder, and each of the switches are set up as responder. The switches are in both of my kids rooms (Rooms 1&2), and these switches often receive local control (kids turning the lights on/off). I am currently using a Hub and the iOS app.

Is it possible for Keypad Button C to show/monitor the status of either room light? I.e. if either of the lights are on, the button will be lighted, so that I can know status and control from the keypad as needed.

Currently the behavior is a bit strange, it appears that the Keypad Button C is only showing status for one of the rooms (Room 1).

I wasn't sure if this configuration would work, but generally expected that Button C would respond to the last local button press. I.e. if both rooms are on, and Room 1 is turned off, Button C would turn off (also not ideal, as lights in Room 2 are on). I do NOT want the room switches to control each other.

I'm kinda guessing this is a 'conditional' situation that requires an ISY or similar, but wanted to see if maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for any advice given!
    -Steveo
Working...
X