How Do I Label the Keypad Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Label the Keypad Buttons

In the past, you could buy a set of clear buttons, print some labels, and voilá your keypad buttons were labelled something much more meaningful and user-friendly than "A', "B', 'C', etc.

I've just installed four new 2334-232 keypads, and just found out that I can no longer buy the clear buttons!

Any ideas as to how I can label these buttons?

Thanks!

A label maker would work. You could use nail polish to wipe off the letters that come on the buttons

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      A label maker would work. You could use nail polish to wipe off the letters that come on the buttons
      I've decided to do a variation on this...

I plan to remove the pre-printed label text with acetone-free nail polish remover. Then I will print new labels on clear peel-and-stick Avery labels.

The problem with a labelling machine is that the print is not crisp at small type sizes (looks a bit ragged to me). A Laser printer, however, can print very crisp and clear lettering on a clear label.

Comment

Sharpie? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by eagle77 View Post
          Sharpie? ;-)
          Yeah, but I'd need one of those micro-fine-point ones for the 7pt. lettering!

Comment

I just used a dremel and drilled in the letters lol. I sanded the edges around the cut and then pressed down a flatter die with an arbor press and it looked good as new. Didn't really matter though, after a few weeks I had memorized the positions and now I use it without looking most of the time.
            Last edited by KarlieBoe2; 04-19-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X